Inconsiderate/Rude children

My oldest DD has invited my MORTAL enemy (and her daughter)to my grand-daughter's birthday party. My GD and the other little girl have only met a couple of times and are not particularly friends. My oldest has been cozying up to the other mother (my former friend) and now has invited her knowing we cant stand each other. Is it just me or is this just incredibly rude?? My DD has a habit of befriending my ex's (friends/bf's -- whatever). What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• If the party is at YOUR home tell her to UNinvite her!! Thats just rude of her to invite her knowing full well you dont like her.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i'd say its her party, she can invite whomever she pleases. if you want to give your granddaughter a party, by all means, do so, and be in charge of who is invited.
    you don't have to attend the party given by your DD for your GD. but if you do, you should behave like a proper grandmother, a full grown adult, and don't start any stink. that will only take away from the party-fun, and you'll look like a jealous, bitter woman.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Are you hosting the party? If so, I can see wanting to have some say in who is invited. If she's hosting, I think you're pretty much stuck with who she invites... you can always go and try to keep your distance. There's a lot to be said for keeping things civil... we had a real split in our family for decades and it made my life so much easier to know that some members of my family were willing to be civil to people who they really couldn't stand for the sake of the middleman who remained friendly with both. The people who couldn't do this, by and large, lost more friends and got fewer invites than those who could! I would just go, be civil, and ignore.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• DULLScissors -- I would NEVER do anything to embarass my GD or myself ANYWHERE -- thats just not my MO. I just feel a GM should be put before a person whom she BARELY knows. Thanks for your input.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• ...y/w.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011