Prayers aren't needed? I beg to differ....

Yes prayers were going up before the tornado hit, but these people still need prayers for strength to get through this horrible time. *pics are from Alabama, not far from where I live*

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Oh, I see. Because I do not believe that you are actually talking to anyone but yourself when you pray, I'm being immature. Got it. On the flip side, if I walk around talking about how much power there is in prayer, and that all you have to do is "believe", then that grants me the "mature adult of the year" award. okies. "

Again...

If you can't see the difference between having differing beliefs and being disrespectful, that's your problem. I'm not going to sit here and explain to you why what you said was rude. As an adult, you should know why.

I never said you had to believe in prayer. I never said you have to do anything. I simply thought that you were being disrespectful and apparently at least 3 other people agreed. If your original comment was out of respect and tolerance, I sincerely apologize. I'm sure you don't enjoy being told your beliefs are bullshit, and neither do those of who believe in prayer.

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My prayers are sent your way, that God may strengh evryone to overcome this trial times, and also a prayer of Hope, that evryone in their hearts will keep to look to good changes.
    ivelisse3

Answer by ivelisse3 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Gotta love cafemom drama.....

OP-it really is horrible that your community has been devastated in this way. I hope you can find peace and that those around you can as well.

oh, and prayer is ALWAYS needed :)
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 1:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I agree, it is something that you just cant "let go" of. People dont understand if they have never been through it themselves. I live in North Alabama and went through the tornados and also was living in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina.
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 12:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Prayers are definitely needed. IMO, anyone who believes in prayer and still says that they're no longer needed is being pretty stupid.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Please explain how talking to yourself does anything but ease your own conscious? "

Wouldn't know. When I pray, I'm talking to God, not myself. But way to be completely disrespectful in your comment. Nicely done.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• To the people that are "bashing" the OP let me just tell you something. If you have never been through something this tragic shut the hell up!!!! How would you feel if your house was leveled in seconds and your family members torn from you????? Walk in some one elses shoes before you bash them!
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 12:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• loving, you know exactly what i meant, and if anyone would read and comprehend my words written, i said, ''the fight, NOT THE PRAYERS'..geez. "

And if you had taken the time to ask, you'd know that I hadn't even read your response when I wrote mine. Since you didn't say prayers weren't needed, it wouldn't apply to you, would it?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm usually not up-to-date on the petty Cafemom drama, so pardon me if I take things at face value and don't know the entire week long history of a fight.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Wait- so if my beliefs differ from yours, I am being disrespectful? "

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2011