Could this be the article that finally puts an end to the Atheist/Christian war?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I thought it was a good article, but I have my doubts that many will pay it any mind.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 7:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I was unaware that I was at war. Thanks for letting me know.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I agree with much of what was said. There were some aspects I don't agree with, like the part where they highlighted underlying atheism for cruel treatment in communist regimes (from my perspective, there are people in theocracies and free democracies who are treated just as disposably as people were in communism and I think it has much more to do with the powerful seeking to remain powerful than any underlying belief about the God-given value of human life.)

I also wasn't aware that there was an atheist/Christian war about to take place... I guess since I'm neither I can just sit that one out?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Wait there's a WAR? Does this mean I have to find a new babysitter because she's Christian and I'm Atheist, and if not just which one of us is fraternizing with the "enemy". There are so many things to know, where do I begin, or do I just start with the flaming piles of dog poo. Darn it, she was helping me plant my garden too.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Did you see gas was only $2.99?? Awesome.

I love cracked, and this article is a perfect reason why. I doubt any of us will jump off our moral high horses when we're ass deep in a religious debate, but my rational, athiest mind agrees with all of this.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 1:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I doubt that one article has that much power.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Well, I guess that makes me a pecker.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I wasn't aware of a war either, but I do agree with a lot of what the article says.
    I especially liked the part about how "If there's no God, then there is something in the human brain that can and does present an amazingly realistic impression of one. A gland, an artifact of environmental pattern recognition, whatever you want to pin it on, the result is, at certain times and in certain moods, as tangible and real and distinct as the person sitting across from you on the subway."
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It was a good article.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 6:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Interesting article. While I agreed with his main points, I disagreed with much of his elaborations. I noticed the article was written 4 years ago. The debate (not war) has continued to rage on and will continue to do so until the end of time as we know it. It's what's at the HEART of the debate that fuels the fire: The existence/nonexistence of God
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 7:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011