At what age would you allow your daughter to wear a bikini?

banana-bear

Asked by banana-bear at 1:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• When she can drive her car to the store and buy it with her own money. :0) Tankini's are fine though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• im not sure why age matters. technically young children don't have any curves or body to show yet. girls who are older and have matured, do. so i would prefer my 4 year old who is nothing but elbows and knees wear one than when she's 14 and being oogled by every perv at the beach.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• At any age, really. However, it wouldn't be a tiny one at any age. There are two pieces that don't leave their butt cheeks and chest hanging out. I don't see anything wrong with their stomach showing.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'll admit,i think a baby in a bikini is adorable.I just got one for my new lil girl. But then i dont want to see the bikini again for a while. Maybe a cute tankini instead.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 1:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My dd wears a two peice at 8. But it is a surf shirt and boy or board shorts.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• any age, as long as it is not a g-sting bottom / panty.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Probably 13 or 14...but in reality it would probably be one of those tankini things until 16 or 17 lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My dd is 2 and i wouldn't buy one for her. I have a friend with a dd ages 3 & 2 and they are constantly adjusting. Maybe theirs are too small. I think a 1 piece is fine, the can run and play and not worry about it.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Any.

Regardless of what they are wearing or not, a pedophile can and will be attracted to them- be it at the pool, the beach, or the grocery store.
    I fail to see how a 2 piece bathing suit is any less modest or moral than a 1 piece. If you have enough sense to teach your child to carry their self in a respectful manner, then there wouldn't be an issue at all.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My almost 3 yo is wearing one....this is her 3rd summer in a bikini. My MIL doesn't approve and I don't care. She does however have 1 piece suits that my MIL has bought for the next few years and I will add a bikini to the collection just because I think they are cute on little girls. When she has more curves and is being ogled then I will put my foot down and she won't be wearing them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011