5 yr old DD having surgery Tuesday

My DD is having surgery on Tuesday Monday we meet with the surgeon... I need some ideas of what questions to ask and what have you lol. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

lyvi

Asked by lyvi at 1:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• It depends...what sort of surgery is it?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• She has Cerebral Palsy and his having the tendon in her left ankle stretched to try and start straightening her leg out
    lyvi

Comment by lyvi (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Just make sure you ask what to expect during recovery and what you should and should not do to make sure it heals correctly. Ask when exactly and how often you'll have check-ups, what warrants a call or visit to the doctor, and find out what options there are for pain relief afterward. Best of luck to your little girl! I hope it all goes well.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Oh, and I would also ask what the success rate of the surgery is and what the risks are. Most of this they should tell you without being asked, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• How to keep her comfortable after, and what to expect.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• what kind of surgery is she having?
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:59 AM on May. 1, 2011