What is a good way of getting rid of skin irritation?

I keep getting really bad skin irritations and random pimples all over. At first, it was only my face. Once it started spreading I tried new lotions and body washes, but nothing is clearing it up. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mary_CoreysMom

Asked by Mary_CoreysMom at 12:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Health

• Sometimes the make-ups, laundry, soaps, cleaners, lotions and all can be adding to this kind of problem. If you are interested, I switched to a online wholesale club that specializes in products that reverse skin sensitivities. We have four kids so there are a lot of different issues in our family, all of which seem to be improving just because we made the switch. We're so thankful!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 7:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If you do all necessary things to come up with that irritations, i think its not helpful. So i suggest you better go the expert, try to consult the dermatologists.they know the best to our skin.
    Jomythy

Answer by Jomythy at 12:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• If it were an itchy skin irritation, I would have to ask you if you thought that you were having an allergic reaction. I would recommend orally taking Benedryl and rubbing Cortisone lotion on the rash for the itching. The problem is with pimples randomly showing up all over. I recommend seeing a dermatologist.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:43 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• if i were you, i'd go to a dermatologist about once a year. i have sensitive skin and it's really dry and can get irriated easily. anyway, come to find out i have eczema.....so now i know how to do with it better, etc.
    godsgirl746

Answer by godsgirl746 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have this only during cold weather. I am told to use Baby oatmeal wash. It works and use the oatmeal lotion too.
    VIVTWINS

Answer by VIVTWINS at 12:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Changing the program up too much can irritate your skin. I don't know what skin type you have but I suggest sticking to one product. Neutrogena has always worked best for me and once a week I exfoliate with suger and my face wash in the shower.
    I used to have the WORST acne and these are the things I've found helpful. Also, if you're wasing too much and drying out your skin than your oil glands over work themselves trying to replinish moisture and cause breakouts.

I hope this helps!!
    greengirl106

Answer by greengirl106 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008