If you are dating a man and you find out he has a child he does not support or visit...

and he admits that he wants nothing to do with the child period. would you stay with him or would you leave ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't want my own kids (not his) to be around him. If he cares so little for his own offspring, he isn't going to be there for me or mine. I have no respect for a person who can do that, not to mention the example he would set for my kids and future kids together.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• hmm, how long have you been dating? Personally, I would probably move on. He doesn't sound like the kind of guy who is into having a family, or taking responsibility for his actions and just wouldn't be the guy for me. Again, thats just me. :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would not want to have anything to do with such a man. I think the odds are that he is a user and a totally selfish human being, so I would pass on him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You have to ask yourself if you want to be with a man who chooses not to take care of his kids (yours including no matter what he tells you). Actions speak louder then words
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would be concerned for any children that we would have together in the future.

If he wants nothing to do with another child, it could be a bad sign for the future.

I would need to know more details about why he doesn't want contact with the child or if it actually has to do with the mother.

As for not paying support, there is not excuse for that. you can't put your dick in a woman without knowing that pregnancy can be a result...no matter how careful you are. He has an obligation to the child.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would never speak to him again, if that is how he treats his child, how do I know he won't do the same with any children we might one day have
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My sister married a man with three children by three former wives. She thought the problem was with the former wives and that his behavior would be different with her and their children. NOT SO! He abandoned her numerous times and never paid a dime of child support. The personal integrity and sense of responsibility in a person is ingrained so he will likely behave in a similar fashion with any child he has.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 3:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'd leave. if we ever had a child I'd worry about if he were to leave us how our child would feel...
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• If he wants nothing to do with the child, it's sad but his choice. He should, at the very least, help with the support of the child.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My friend met a man like that he said his ex wives were greedy but she knew and the second she found out she was pregnant she left him instead.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2011