Does it hurt tha baby if i lay on my stomach?

I'm 21, and just found out i'm 8 weeks pregnant wit my first child. Will it hurt the baby if i lay on my stomach? I am worryin bout everything and just want my baby to be healthy.

vannahc89

Asked by vannahc89 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No it won't hurt the baby.. Before long you won't be able to do that anymore lol, so enjoy it while you can
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Nope. Baby is well protected within your body.

I layed on my stomach until around 30 weeks and then I couldn't only because I couldn't find enough pillows to lay around me to be comfortable.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I wish I could lay on my tummy =( It's fine for the baby but after awhile it becomes uncomfortable for you. Congragulations mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• At about 15-20 weeks (When you start to show) I'd not do it anymore. But for now baby is well protected. As long as your comfortable baby is fine.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I don't think it will, but the further along you get, it'll be more uncomfortable for you.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• the baby is well protected i dont lay on my tummy because for some reason when i became pregnant it is unconfortable to lay on my tummy
    sissy852

Answer by sissy852 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My stepmother would lay on her stomach well into the second trimester. Laying on your stomach this early has no potential problems. The reason why it is not recommended as the baby grows is that the baby is already displacing your internal organs, so putting your weight on the abdomen can push the baby (and uterus and such) more into your organs, which is uncomfortable for you and (depending on how much you weigh) might have potential consequences for baby. But all of that is only a concern later in the pregnancy. I've seen cats and dogs lay on their swollen pregnant bellies and wondered how uncomfortable that must be for them, with so many little babies in there!
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 5:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Nah, it won't hurt the baby but before long it will become really uncomfortable for you and once you start showing you won't be able to do it at all.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 6:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No your only 8wks,i was laying on my stomach until i got a lil bump...like the other mom said "i wish i could lay on my stomach"....
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011