Healthy but tastey, simple recipes?

I need new recipes lol. I would google something, but I'm not even sure what I want to cook. I'm going grocery shopping later, so any suggestions are welcome.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Taco salad: brown a lb of ground beef or ground turkey, or shred up a lb of boneless, skinless chicken breast and season it with taco seasoning. 1 head of lettuce, 1 crate of cherry tomatoes, 1 bunch of scallions, 1 small pack of tortillas (you can substitute tortilla chops if you aren't aiming for super healthy), 1 bottle of fat-free Western dressing, 1 bag shredded cheese. Tear up the lettuce, quarter the tomatoes, slice up the scallions, and cut the tortillas into strips and bake them on a lightly oiled cookie sheet (350 about 12 minutes). Assemble it all in a giant salad bowl in layers: 1/3 each of the lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, meat, cheese, pour on 1/3 of the dressing, mix that together, then do a second layer. Keep going until you use everything. You can add all kinds of other stuff to it, too, peppers, olives, avocado, whatever you like.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Forgot the tortilla pieces in that list - add those to each layer, too.
    NotPanicking

• I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, simple, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 AM on May. 1, 2011