What age do you start giving baby cereal ?

my son is 3 1/2 months almost im curious when did you start giving cereal and how much how often ?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 4/12 months =D
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My kid was about 2 months old and I put a tiny bit in her bottle before she'd go to bed so she would actually sleep for like 3 hours straight before waking up starving again. Depends on the kid and if they can handle it. My baby was a little oinker.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I started at one month old. Formula alone wasn't cutting it.
    Anonymous

• My son was 6 months, but he was exclusively breastfeed. my FF babies started between 4-5 months
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• 6 months. The AAP (American academy of pediatrics) suggests you wait until 6 months before starting solids. 3 1/2 months is a little early; unless you got the approval from your doctor to do so.
    Zombiie_Mommy

Answer by Zombiie_Mommy at 4:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I started at 3 months. I would but about 1 oz in the bottle. I'd give once in the morning and at night.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 4:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My oldest started around 7mos. My middle child was 9mos. I don't plan on using cereal at all with this one. I learn more and more with each child... And what I've learned about cereal simply isn't good...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• SabrinaMBowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• If breast fed, you don't need to introduce cereal until you are ready to wean. Human milk is a complete food and no other food sources are necessary for total nutrition, providing the mother is healthy. If bottle fed, the doctor recommended six months citing something about the human digestive tract not being able to digest cereal until a certain age.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 5:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I didn't use cereal. My suggestion is nothing other then breastmilk or formula until at least 6 mos, and then, when you decide to introduce solids, you can start with a fruit or veggie if you'd like. There's no danger in using cereal, I just find it to be gross, and it doesn't have much nutritional value.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2011