Thoughts on androgyny ?

androgyny

Androgyny is a term—derived from the Greek words άνδρoς (andros, meaning man) and γυνή (gyné, meaning woman)—referring to the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics. This may be as in fashion, sexual identity, or sexual lifestyle, or it may refer to biologically inter-sexed physicality, especially with regards to plant and human sexuality.[1]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think of it as nature's way of showing us that men and women don't all fit into exact molds, either physically or sexually. Thanks to genetics and other conditioning, we have a variety. The majority are straight men with male organs and straight women with theirs, but there are also androgynists, homosexuals, hermaphrodites, transgenders, etc.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I have a good friend like this. She always have this wall up because of how people treat her. I remember her getting talked about when were in college. We all went on a road trip and stayed in a hotel. All of us got in the jacuzzi, she was so uncomfortable showing her body that she did not get in. I think it doesn't matter what you look like, what counts is what is on the inside. I am so blessed I didn't give in to childish behavior by outcasting her like others did, she has become great person in my life.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I prefer to be genderfluid. Androgyny to me means to be gender neutral and to prescribe to no set gender, to keep people guessing as to what your gender and sex is basically. Genderfluid means to freely switch between genders.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I like that answer purpleducky. My sentiments exactly
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:05 AM on May. 1, 2011