Please share your pressure cooker recipes. What are your favorites?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 4:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Porcupine meatballs. I use 1 lb hamburger, about a cup of minute rice, onion, 1/4 cup (can use less) brown sugar. Roll into balls, and then I make a sauce of tomato sauce and brown sugar. I actually cut potatos in half and put those in the cooker first and then put the meatballs on top of them. Pour the sauce on top of it all and put the lid on it, when it starts to whistle, I let it cook for about 20-25 minutes. It kinda gives them a bbq taste...they are really good...I think I might put that on my list this week. Thanks for the idea ;)
    debi52775

Answer by debi52775 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• 3lb Chuck Roast - One Large Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup, Potatoes, and Carrots. Halve Potatoes, dice carrots about one inch thick and place at the bottom of the crock. Place Roast on top, pour sauce over top of roast, and place lid on. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.

Beef Stew - One 'Can' of Beef Stock, 1-1/2 lbs of stew meat, Carrots (cut to one inch thick), Yukon Gold Potatoes (Cubed), Celery (Optional) cut one inch thick, frozen peas (optional), One Small can Stewed Tomatoes, and One small can Tomato Paste. Add together, cover, and cook on high for 5-7 hours.

Beef Tacos - One Cup Water, One Packet Taco Seasoning, One lb Stew Meat, Seasonings (Your preference) into crock pot and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Drain and serve with regular taco fixings.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• beef stew, 15 bean soup, beef brisket
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:20 PM on May. 1, 2011