How long did your first menstral cycle last after having a child and breastfeeding?

My daughter is 7 months, and though I a m still breastfeeding, I have cut back, because she is eating baby food more often, and also drinking water. I got my period on the 19th, and (tmi) it has been a regular flow, now 2 weeks later, I am still bleeding at a regular flow. I got the depo shot at 6 week post natal, that lasted 3 months and spotted regularly through that, and then had nothing until the 19th. Just wondering if my cycle is supposed to be lengthly or not?

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 4:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• not sure. some people have that problem. mines was only 5-7 days. when i got the depo, my periods stopped.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 5:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• it gets shorter and shorter with age/baby
    dtMOM09

Answer by dtMOM09 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011