Thank you gifts after miscarriage

I had a second trimester miscarriage in February. This couple who my husband and I are old friends with supported us so much through the process (especially the wife to me). They came to our son's funeral, they prayed for us every day, she was a shoulder to lean on and a listening ear while I grieved, they bought us a book and CD's on grief, bought us a plant, and brought us meals once a week for a month! I have been wanting to do something nice for them to say thank you for all they did, but we have a very limited budget. Does anyone have any ideas for a nice thank you gift that isn't pricey? I'm thinking about making a variety of baked goods, wrapping them real pretty and putting them in a nice basket with a thank you card. Does anyone have any better ideas? I want it to be really nice and I don't mind doing a lot of work I just can't spend a lot of money! I'm not very crafty when it comes to homemade gifts, but I am a good baker!

Mama2JoshKatie

Asked by Mama2JoshKatie at 5:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Hmm I like your idea with baked goods. I was thinking, if you want to give them a gift in honor of your child, you could give them a beautiful tree or flowering bush for their yard. It is thoughtful and symbolic for all they have done for you and yours. It is wonderful to hear about the friendship you have with this couple. That really is a rare gem!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 5:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I like the idea of a tree or bush but they are renting the house they live in so I'm not sure if we could do that.
    Mama2JoshKatie

Comment by Mama2JoshKatie (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• The baked good are great!! .. i like what WENDYDAYS metioned about the tree!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• can you get them a little potted plant for inside thier house? the baked goods idea is wonderful
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• First of all, I am very sorry for your loss. To answer your question, this friend sounds like she would love anything you give her and I really love your gift idea!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 6:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Baking is a great idea!!! It's from the heart : )
    805doll

Answer by 805doll at 6:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I agree with 805doll, bake them something. Its from the heart and they will know that you care and are thankful. GOOD LUCK.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 6:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Sorry for your loss...and keep ur head up...u got urself a perfect lil angel watching over you and ur loved ones...and i LOVE THE IDEA of the BAKED GOODS as well....and that is a great friend you have there im glad she is there to help you through this hard time........
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I love your idea of the baked goods. It is very personal and would be greatly appreciated I'm sure
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think your idea of a basket is perfect, especially since baking is your thing! I am sorry for your loss, you are lucky to have such a wonderful friend to help you through.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:23 PM on May. 4, 2011