Washer died mid cycle!

Didn't finish, didn't spin. So I just have wash chilling in water in my machine. Thoughts? Helpful suggestions on how to fix? Because I am dirt broke....

prettypaper

Asked by prettypaper at 5:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• That happened with my old washer. I used a plastic bowl to bail the water out a little at a time into a bucket and then dumped the bucket in the toilet. Then I rinsed the clothes in the bath tub.

I don't have suggestions on how to fix the machine though. Ours was beyond repair because the gear case broke completely apart and on that particular washer it cost more to fix than to replace the machine. If you end up buying a new one, don't buy a Maytag Bravos. That's what we bought and we've had it for only a few months and it has broken twice already. My friend had the same problem with her Bravos. Good luck!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• The same thing happened to me over the winter. I had to call someone out from Sears. They came out and told me it was going to cost more for the part than to buy a new washer. I had to bail the water out too, then when they delivered the new one, they hauled that POS away!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• first thing is first get those clothes out and into the tub! If they sit in the washer they will mildew or get rust stains. (trust me...lost soem good clothes that way...) Beyond that I agree with M-avi call and see how much to have it looked at and repaired but in the end if it is to much consider yard sales and craigslist for a 'new' one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• yes and you just have to empty out the water and ring out clothes and take them to the tub rinse them and hang them out to dry or they'll wind up busting your dryer as well cuz they are too heavy and not rung out as good as a washer does it it's a pain sorry
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• That happened to me and when the repair guy came out, he found that a little button onthe inside of the tub was stuck and it caused the washer to not be able to spin out the water. It was a simple fix. I had a 4 year warranty on it from Best Buy so the whole thing was free--no charges at all. The warranties are great! Anyway, it could just be that little button is stuck. I have a Whirlpool washer,in case you're wondering.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• That happened to me!! Turns out, the little do-hickey switch was loose, and I just held it down and the cycle finished. My machine is held together with electrical tape and super glue.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:22 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I am not sure, but good luck
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:01 AM on May. 3, 2011

• Oh no Good Luck!!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:01 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I'd take it to the laundry mat asap....it will start smelling.
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:30 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Not sure.. Good luck!
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 12:08 AM on May. 7, 2011