Does your DH/man put you down because you chose to be a SAHM?

When the money is right mine doesnt say a thing. But now that its tight and we are mad at each other he brings it up. How i cant even support myself, how i make plans for dd's b-day but cant even pay for it, how im broke yaddi yaddah... I told him there are thousands of SAHM's here on cm and ive never seen a post on a husband like him.
I dk if its the frusturation or what but hes really getting on my nerves. Hes as broke as me but yet he thinks hes so right in telling me all this.

misslonely

Asked by misslonely at 12:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• He maybe depressed that he is not able to "give you everything you guys need or want" men get that way for whatever reason not sure why.......but to answer your question no my SO has never said anything negitive about me staying at home with our LO as a matter of fact we both agree that it just makes better sense since daycare and gas would basically take up my entire paycheck
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Hey, I WORK and my husband gets this way from time to time...he did when I was freelancing and earning considerably less. And to be fair...I was the same way with him when he was un/underemployed. Money makes us nuts. that doesn't make it RIGHT...but you're not alone by a long shot. (If you think yo're the only one it's a guarantee you're NOT the only one.)

The two of you need to get on exactly the same page about your finances. Plan things out to the penny right now. Have him give input on your daughter's birthday party, and make an effort on your part to keep the cost down. Tackle this as a team...it's the only way.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It's a proven fact that most arguments are over money. Once in a while I'll get a little cranky because I don't like the way things are going financially and he'll mouth off something like "you wanna take over making the money?! and I'll sit at home" It's not right but we lash out at the ones we love the most and right now you're it. What I did was to cut back on how much money I spend where I can. For birthday and Christmas I buy a little here and there and when the time comes I'm always glad because it seems like we're always broke at that time. It's hard defending yourself when you're a SAHM (I am one). A lot of women make money at home tho, in the nicer months if nothing else you could hit the yard/tag sales and find toys etc and sell on ebay (lots of suckers like me are looking for a toy that isn't in the stores anymore) and will pay good money to get their hands on it.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Men look at their wallet or bank account almost as stupidly as the size of their penis. Money can cause them to become as self-conscious as impotence. Just think about the dollar signs as little bitty penis' whenever he gets bitchy and try not to smile at him. It's a man thing and they all do it at times unless you're independently wealthy.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008