Did you have any doubts about your DH?

did you have any doubts or concerns when you were dating? or did you always feel that he was the one?

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• I always felt he was the one but the man had a reputation...that worried me just a little :)
    lotsolove86

Answer by lotsolove86 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• no.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Well I'm on my 3rd husband, if that answers your question.

I knew #1 wouldn't last; we were too young & I didn't want to be married.
    #2 I thought would last til ... well, it didn't.
    #3 I've been with 3 years now & we were engaged last month. I love him more & differently than I did the others. Maybe age & wisdom is on my side.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 6:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• YES! lol...when I met him he was so arrogant and cocky...everything he said revolved around him...I was thinking to myself....WHY do I continue to talk to this man??? lol...but he was also really funny, very sweet, spontaneous....more good qualities then bad...but yeah alot of times while we were dating I was thisclose to breaking up with him lol...but then he would do something awesome to lure me back in lol...I'm glad I stuck it out though because he's not like that anymore (apparently he was trying to impress me and just doing a lousy job of it) and he has turned out to be a wonderful husband and father

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• 3rd husband here too. I knew with dh #1 we wouldnt last before we got married. I was pressured into it by my parents and was barely 18. We still stayed together 12 yrs. When I met my 2nd husband I thought we would be together forever, but I didnt get to know him long enough to see he was good step father material. We divorced because he cheated but also because we just did not see parenting the same way. He believed in spanking. I did not.
    By the time I got into a relationship with my current husband Id known him awhile. I knew he was a good man. I just wanted to be single. We finally decided to be serious and no I didnt have any reservations once that decision was made.

Answer by gemgem at 6:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• LOL...been married for 12 years BUT when we were dating, i thought that we would just go out on a date or two and thats it because he wasnt that great looking, i was deeply in love with an ex bf but i did give him a chance and it turned out great., i don't think me and my ex would of worked out.

I dont know how i stayed with so much pain to deal with in my marriage now and then and he never did anything about it. We married after the 2nd child, my mother kind of made us but we will work on it, see how it turns out.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I've never had any doubts and we've been married for 22 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm not sure... when we were dating we were in LUST for each other which... i got pregnant quickly and by accident. he stuck with me though... I don't think it was like love at first sight or an absolute knowledge of pure love or anything like that... it'll be 6 years this coming month and we've grown to love each other. Although... we aren't married. i doubt we'll ever be married.
    MyIslandGirls

Answer by MyIslandGirls at 7:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My only doubt was that I hadn't lived life yet. There was a lot I felt that I needed to experience that he didn't want me to. We were 19 when we met on a blind date. He was 4 yrs older. I wanted to go to bars @ 21, see a strip club, travel, have my own apt...things like that. We married anyway and have had two beautiful children together. Of COURSE there's been many ups and downs and some much more difficult to deal with than others but........we're happy and content.

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 7:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Before we started dating I had doubts of even being with him at all, he had a rep for being a slut - to my knowledge he never had a real girlfriend, just women he used and he was so damn cocky with his bullshit Irish charm and swagger. He must have asked me out two dozen times before I said yes and I only said yes after he shows me he could be a better man. I was friends with a couple of his brothers and afterwards they told me they talked to him about why I kept turning him down. He stopped sleeping around, deleted every girl out of his cell phone that wasn't a real friend, and cut ties with them all on the hope that I'd say yes. I'd say for the first couple months I really didn't think the relationship would go far but alas we've been together 11 years and are expecting our 5th child.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 7:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011