Do you have to wait to dye your hair after you bleach it? And if so, how long?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 6:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It's best to wait at least a few days but if this is a ER cover up... I have done that before with no ill effects just condition really good.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Also if this is a cover up go with a dark color that says 'golden' So like Dark Golden Brown. Bleached hair can easily turn Green or grey with basic darks. (Yes I have screwed up my hair so many times I actually know this! -pretty bad huh?) :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It is best to wait at least a week to dye your hair after you have put bleach on/in it unless you are trying to go for the bald look...
    MsTherapy77

Answer by MsTherapy77 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think I would ask a stylist to help me with that. You could do severe damage to your hair.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes it is better for your hair if you wait a coupe of days. However, I have been coloring AND frosting my hair since i was 20. I am 51 now, still dying my hair regularly and still frost it. My hair is damaged and dry, but still have it and its stil thick. Condition, condition, condition.

dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 9:48 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I haven't done that before
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011