Ladies please help. Regarding my almost 18 year old girl! please help!!!!!!

LADIES, Listen.... here is the situation.

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT: I have my issues with my home, and I will not be able to keep it. Its been a long process and we have to be out in 30 days. It is me my husband, and my 2 daughters.

My daughter is 17 and will be 18 in July. She was planning to move in with her boyfriend, who is not a minor. (No problem right, she'll be 18!) NOW, I have no problem with this at all. They have been seeing each other for 8 months. OK. I have given full permission - she has not done anything against my wishes. Ladies, hold your breath on this: her father does not know about this relationship. He would never allow it, and would never allow her to have a relationship period. My daughter is growing up and will be 18 soon. Since we have to vacate, my husband may want to move out of state. My daughter wants to move in with her boyfriend and I see no problem with it. She is going to wait until she turns 18, but I am a bit worried. If she decides to do this WHEN SHE IS 18, can my husband press charges on him since they had been together prior to her being 18? Please help. I told her we need to play it safe and just have her move when shes 18. She is responsible, has a job - pays her bills and has graduated with her GED. Shes a good kid. I just need help regarding this. Ladies please. And I know some will bash saying I should of told my husband, trust etc; but thats my own reasoning. Her father and I have been seperating before - and I just moved back to make it work about 5 months ago. We will be parting ways when we loose our house completely. 30 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• If it were me, I would not mention the past and just approach it as independance and a sharing costs with a roommate when it comes up. She will be an adult soon and he won't have anything he can say about it. If he stays there, I woud keep her with me until she is 18. it will keep things easier on all of you. Don' t worry Change the way you think, it could be so much worse. Focus on gratitude and humor through these challenging times. "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere". Take it as it comes. Just keep doing the next thing and soon everything will work itself out. I am sorry their father is hard to deal with. The great thing is there will be a new life ahead for you. All you have to do is "Keep Breathing" :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Well if you guys will be parting ways when you move out of your house...then why tell him? She will be 18 anyway.

On the other hand....if my daughter wanted to do that and she had only been with him for 8 months I'd say no way. Sorry just my opinion. They don't know each other well enough to live with one another. Even if she is a good kid.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• EDIT: I want to move back home too - which is a few hours away from here. That's why she wants to move with him. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Wow....I really don't think that there is anything that he can do if she waits til she's 18 to move in with him...I could be wrong but I really don't think there is.....I really wish I had more advice to give you...I wish you luck though mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• THANKS LUCKY! Thats what I thought but I was not sure!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• The age of consent in most states is 16, sometimes lower. You have to check your state laws or call the sheriff dept and just ask them what the age of consent is.
    I am in NC and the way it works here is if a minor over 16 yrs old "runs away" they bring them home once. After that the police will not return them to their home because they dont have the resources to do that. That is as long as the minor is safe. As long as she was over the age of consent in your state your husband cannot do crap. In our state the only way you possibly can is if the girl is say just 16 and dating a 25 yr old man. They would be more then 4 yrs apart and that could be illegal, but even then its hard to do much.

Answer by gemgem at 6:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• But also...he wouldnt' be able to press charges if she moves in when she is 18. So no worries there.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• They have known each other since prek. Only dating 8 months, and you know Keeely- I am OK with it because she can always come home. Momma can't be there forever, I mean come she will be 18.:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Consent is 16 here. So does that mean her boyfriend would be ok?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Why does he have to know the prior history? How old is your 2nd DD ?
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011