If i took 2 clearblue pregnancy tests at home and they were positive then i went to the clinic and their test showed negative, could i be pregnant or not?

mizzlady1988

Asked by mizzlady1988 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you've had unprotected sex you could be pregnant.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It's hard to get a false positive...let alone 2 false positives.
    Did the clinic order bloodwork?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You could be !
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I took 2 clearblue tests when I thought that I was pregnant and sure enough I am. So, I believe they are pretty accurate. It could be possible to get a false negative from the clinic right? Their tests are practically the same as any you would buy in a store anyway. Maybe try another doctor or clinic.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 7:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• lol same thing happened to me. i took 2 positive clearblue easy to read then got a neg on the doc pee stick went home and got 2 neg on the one at home then one more pos at home then a poitive blood.... (this was all within a months time) it possible lol although if it were a blood that they said was neg then its less likely that you ARE pregnant and more likely that you WERE pregnant... do you want to be?
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Oh and i was told .. u never get a false positive only a false Negative ..
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 7:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I am amusing it was the lines and not a digital... Are you sure it was read in the correct time frame? Are you sure it was a true 2nd line and not a indication of where the line would be, a ghost line?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• The clinic could have screwed up or your urine could have no been concentrated enough to pick it up if you are early...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• USUALLY THERE TEST IS MORE RELIABLE, BUT IT CAN BE POSSIBLE
    duwana

Answer by duwana at 7:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I had two test done at home (with my first) that I took on the week I was supposed to be on my period that came back neg. waited a week took another test came back faintly positive went to clinic and it was also faintly positive....soooo when we got to the doc finally we did blood and whala I was lol. So I think the clinic may have a false positive for ya.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011