How can I help one of my friends who is struggling with financial problems?

My best friend is going through some rough times and I'm not exactly sure how to help him. His dad is fighting in afganistan and his mom and "step dad" are having trouble keeping the resurant they own in business but it's not working out and they are right now completely broke they put all the money they have right now into a pile and they have about 130$ and they r now living off it. I feel like I need to help I'm not sure and I need advice for a good friend in need

Swimmer4life

Asked by Swimmer4life at 7:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Money & Work

• well it depends on a LOT of things..... alot of which has to do with your life and how you're doing

is there something they currently are paying for you could help with? IE if they have a child in daycare and you're a SAHM could you offer babysitting services? What would be helpful to them? Do they need support? Encouragement? Prayer?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• They don't have any kids in daycare or anything like that. I have afew ppl praying for them. I am conceded about him and his family he has alot of siblings and that's slot of mouths to feed. I just need to kno how I culd help him without feeling bad u guess. He doesn't wanna except money from me bc of the guilt he says. But if they need it... Idk. My family isn't struggling. And we already have an orginization yo help his dad in afganistan. I'm just not sure how to help.
    Swimmer4life

Comment by Swimmer4life (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• When we were in trouble an unknown friend dropped a paper bag with 2 boxes of infant cereal and 2 cans of formula on my door step. When a friend of mine was in trouble I anon dropped of a bag of non perishables on her door step. Oatmeal, canned milk, canned veggies, cereal, pasta and sauces...as well as a few things I knew they couldn't afford on their own like a bag of oreos and some fruit rollups for the kids.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• ThAnks. But the thing is I'm not so sure where he lives. But I culd find out:) that's a great idea
    Swimmer4life

Comment by Swimmer4life (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Could you ask his parents want you can do to help?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• His mom is constantly working to try to get money she has 2jobs. And 2nd her kids including my friend r working also. Thier dad is in the war. So there is no way I culd possibly find a time that I culd ask her. The thing is they deffinatly don't deserve to b in this situaton
    Swimmer4life

Comment by Swimmer4life (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• we ususally will do a BIG grocery shopping trip, it cost us somewhere in the mean of $250 - $350 and we'll get all the food we think they'll need as well as cleaning/living supplies and just leeave it on their doorstep, if they don't want people to know their broke, maybe put it on the back door step and leave a note on whatever door the walk in and out of.

You could also contact their local utility company and tell them that your friends are having a hard time financially and you would like to help them on their monthly payments...
    SBR8482

Answer by SBR8482 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Find a social services agency who can help them

Answer by rkoloms at 8:03 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Maybe you could help them advertise for their restaurant or volunteer to work there to help out.

Answer by older at 4:34 PM on May. 1, 2011