Any ideas?

I was supposed to go to my son's pre-school for a "parent's day" and spend some time with the class....but I was sick and we rescheduled to next week and it happens that it's going to be my son's 4th b-day.....It's only about 30 minutes that I have to spend there...But what should I do...I don't want to read a book (i have an accent and am not comfortable reading out loud..:) I was thinking on making some cupcakes and throwing a little "surprise b-day" for my baby :) And I was just going to let the kids decorate their cupcakes.....Also I was thinking maybe getting a large sheet of paper and let the kids draw on it as to make a big b-day card.......Any other ideas?

MommyOK

Asked by MommyOK at 7:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, most schools will not allow you to bring in home made goods for safety reasons but the card sounds like a good idea or you could let them plant their own flower. Cut up a cardboard egg carton into individual cups and let the kids paint them however they want. Then put in some dirt and let them plant a seed. Then, at the end of the day, they can take home their own little potted plant.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Our school is pretty good about bringing in stuff....my son is the only kid in the class of 8 that has severe allergies :) SO if I make something for him...everyone else can have it too :)
    The egg carton sounds interesting :) I know they have planted a seed in their class and I believe each child is "taking care of it" every week. I'll look into that.
    MommyOK

Comment by MommyOK (original poster) at 7:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2011