I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY HUSBAND SAYIN THAT I DONT DO ANYTHING WHEN I STAY AT HOME AN RAISE 2 KIDS PLUSE RUN A HOUSEHOLD INSIDE AND OUT, I CAN NOT GET HIM TO HELP WITH ANYTHING INCLUDING EVEN MOWING THE YARD OR WATCHING THE KIDS SO THAT I CAN COOK SUPPER. WHAT DO I DO? IM AFRAID THAT THIS IS GOING TO RUIN MY MARRAIGE BECAUSE IM GETTING FED UP WITH IT. i CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE PLEASE HELP!!!

ILUVMYKIDSTOO

Asked by ILUVMYKIDSTOO at 12:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Ugh! Going on strike didn't work for me...only caused more fighting cuz the house literally fell apart. plus I'm a neat freak and couldn't handle it! What I did was as the day went along, I carried pen and piece of paper and wrote down EVERY SINGLE thing I did from the time I woke up til the time I went to sleep. Woke up, used bathroom, picked up 6 trucks, put them away, got milk for Ty, woke Summer up, put away dishes, made breakfast, woke Summer up again, folded clothes, dragged Summer into shower, got clothes for her, grabbed the shampoo for her, made eegs and toast, cleaned eegs and toest off of floor-table-highchair-hands and face-loaded dishwasher, etc. He'll get the picture. It's annoying writing it all down but when you read it,you will be so empower that you WON'T even listen to him anymore....
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 2:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Quit doing his laundry, dishes, and cooking his food until he contributes. Just because he works doesn't mean that he still isn't a father and a husband and a PARTNER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I say go on strike forget him stop doing anything for him and just do for yourself and kids, give it a few days or until he notices and then tell him well you kept saying I dont do anything so I thought I'd show you just how much I really do do
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Go on strike and spend a day REALLY doing NOTHING and let him see what the house looks like after you don't put your hand to it. You may have twice the work the next day , but I'd sit on my butt and watch T.V. until he acknowledged the fact that I worked hard to run my house, and if he won't watch the kids while you cook supper, let him make his own supper!! He'll change his mind fast if he knows what's good for him!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:01 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• stop doing everything you do besides feeding you and the kids.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i went through this since im a SAHM he said it wasnt a real job so i let him take care of our son and handle everything else except feeding b/c i breastfeed and he couldnt do it . and he said he was sorry and that taking care of a baby and doing all the house work was to much for him. so now he helps every now and again.of course he has to be reminded.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• wait until he has 2 days off in a row. in the morning ask him to watch the kids for a lil while or just leave him a letter that ur gone for the day to REALLY do nothing.
    let him do what u do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I know how it is cause sometime my hubby be like that and I have to let him know what I do is not easy. I will one day when he is not at work I will roll out and let him see how it is to be in the house all day doing everything. and if he still act like he not doing nothing then stop doing things for him.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 9:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2008