Did you want to have a girl but had a boy?

I want to know how some of you dealt with having the opposite sex then you really wanted. I know everyone main goal is a healthy baby but that doesn't stop you for wanting what you always wanted. I want a girl but I will love my son just the same. Not asking for opinions just if it happened to you and how you dealt with it. (((Please don't write as long as its healthy because i know that already :) )

MommyToBTiffany

Asked by MommyToBTiffany at 8:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a boy 1st and was bummed, wanted a girl. I pouted/sulked .... it doesn't help during the shopping trips when there's 50 girls things to choose from and only 4-5 boys. When he was born, though, and he went home healthy and I had to stay in hospital on dialysis and an infected c section abscess I missed him and realized I didn't care if he was a boy, girl, or a hippo. Once I was transferred to the I.C.U where they don't allow visitors so young I missed his smell and his soft skin so badly I thought I'd never stop crying.

I had a girl 19 months later and prayed for a girl.... not because I wanted to buy pink frilly things but because I loved my son so much I didn't think I could love another little boy sooooo much
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes. I was SO sad when they told me I was having a boy. It is embarrassing to say but I even cried. The lady thought I was happy. Once we picked a name and I started picking out clothes and setting up the nursery I slowly got over the disappointment and started having fun with the idea.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I had a girl and swore my 2nd was another girl and that's what both DH and I wanted. DH has an older son from a previous marriage, so its not like he was dying for a boy or anything and he loved the idea of a house full of girls, I loved the idea of 2 girls, I always wanted a sister growing up and loved that my daughter would have one. That Rice Krispies treats commercial came out while I was pregnant with my 2nd, a mom and 2 girls in the kitchen on a rainy day making treats...it was my future, lol. I don't like boy things, I don't like farts, burps, snakes, worms, frogs, etc... lol. I don't get boy stuff, cars, trucks, sports.... well, guess what? It was a boy and I'm an idiot because I love him and all his boy-ness more than the whole wide world. He's my guy and he melts my heart every single day and I wouldn't have it any other way =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• OMG, Yes! I wanted a daughter soooo bad! Even the ultra sound said I was having a girl! Then here comes this bouncing baby BOY! Our oldest son, 4 at the time squeeled with delight, no nasty girls, husband was estatic, another son, hoo rah! I was like, this is BS! LOL He's 20 now and the joy of my life but he better give me a granddaughter, damnit, lol
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I had an experience a lot like hibbingmom. we didn't know what he would be but I was hoping for a girl. He was a boy. I can't say I was disappointed (I think I knew thu instinct), but once he had seizures and was in ICU, my life focus totally changed. Now I simply shake my head. He is SUCH a BOY. BUT he's healthy and thats all I care about. If we have another I know it will be our last one and I hope I am ok if it ends up being a boy.
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 8:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I didn't have a good time with an older sister so I wanted my children to have an older brother. I know stupid but that was the way it was. I still want a boy, but we are done with children so that isn't going to happen, especially since his boy swimmers suck (genetics)
    But seeing my oldest daughter and how even thought she fights with her sister she is a good big sister and I am proud of her.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I really wanted a boy! And that is what I got. But I wanted a boy because I heard that they are easier first kids than girls :) He's my whole world and I'm so glad god blessed us with him! :) Now this second one I am not sure what I want! haha I think I want a girl though :) We'll just have to wait and see
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 8:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes me and hubby wanted a girl sooo bad and my first baby was a boy he was planned i was upset for a while but i got over it....second baby was also planned and yet again another boy so i said to myself ok i have two healthy kids and they love eachother and i love them.....well i was on the pill and someting just wasnt right so i went to the dr and i found out i was pregant!....this one was not planned i am now 34 weeks and im pregnant with a girl!...so if its ment to happen it will happen i love my boys to death and i cant wait for there lil sister to get here they are very protective of each other and are already eager to meet there sister and my boys are 5 and 2......i am still in shock that i am pregnant and its a girl has been proven 5 times by u/s lol i am high risk thats why ive had so many u/s i just cant wait till my family will be complete!
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 8:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes. And I was so bummed about it because I already had two boys. As nature would have it my last one (a boy) , decided he was going to be breech. I had a few contractions so off i went to the hospital. Well with each contraction his heart rate dropped dangerously low so we ended up doing an emergency c-section. He was born butt first. From that point on I loved him. it took awhile to get over the fact he was not a girl, but I wouldn't trade him for anything. He's here and I can't imagine life without him.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• When I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter, I really wanted a boy.. But didn't get it of course. Hopefully when I try for number 3 I'll get a boy. After I found out baby 2 was a girl I cried and cried, but I love her so much!!

proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011