Is it just me- or does this happen to you too?

I've always considered myself a patriotic person. Prior to Sept 11th, I could listen to or even sing along to the National Anthem. But ever since Sept 11th, the song has an even deeper meaning or effect on me, and I tear up EVERY time now! What about you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Entertainment

• I don't get emotional when I hear that song, I just think about the words and they have a much deeper feeling and meaning to me now.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I am a cry baby! My dh gets so mad at me because I will cry at the beginning of a football game.
    I work in a tourist city that hosted some of the firefighters and police officers that worked 9-11 and since then they have hosted a golf tournament in my city. This year is the 10th year (as you know) and this is the last year for them and I am so sad. Everytime I think about this being the last year I cry all over again.
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 8:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Since my DH joined the military it makes me cry, especially when he is gone.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I cry when the kids get voted off American Idol.. I cry when I read Bible stories to the kids, I cry during happy, sad, funny movies. I am so bad...
    Calgalnum1

Answer by Calgalnum1 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I was in the Army, in a sealed, secured room when the towers fell. The ONLY reason I knew something bad had happened was because I had to pee. Hearing, or singing, the National Anthem doe not affect me any differently now from then.

HOWEVER, Toby Keith's Angry American (Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue) gets me every time I hear it, still. I go back to the first time I heard it, where I was, what I was doing, and how I felt while listening to it. The rst of that time is fuzzy, but that song isn't.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• BEFORE AND AFTER SEPT 11TH I CRY WHENEVER I HEAR THAT SONG.
    Kat52971

Answer by Kat52971 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes, but I would tear up before Sept. 11th too...
    Smiley12d

Answer by Smiley12d at 11:57 AM on May. 7, 2011