What should i do?

my bf is in the army stationed in afghanistan...i want to be with him and i want to make it work....its very hard though....last night he was on facebook and messaged me and he wasnt acting himself...i told him i missed him and he said he missed me as well...then i said i was in a mushy gushymood but i was trying to hold it back and he said stop, just stop it and i said ok, show no emotions, got it and he said roger....then he said he had to go and i said ok stay safe and he logged off, and normally he tells me he loves me or bye...i really dont know how to take it...what should i do? just shut myself off of emotion or what? i just dont understand and ive been trying to be understanding and everything, but i just dont know...

KayleesMommy89

Asked by KayleesMommy89 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah, not to drag you down but when my husband went, he was cheating on me and that's why he was acting weird. Keep ur guard up.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• He is far away from you and missing you and home badly so I'm sure it probably hurts pretty bad to say I love you and not be there to show you.

I wouldn't think much of it. It has to be hard to be away from all that you know and love.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• he needs some space, sounds like he feels overwhelmed. give him space for now.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• and he also was being a jerk....he told me i needed to stop and it didnt suit me and i said what? and he said acting smart....i was stunned....he had never been that rude to me before
    KayleesMommy89

Comment by KayleesMommy89 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• He may of had alot on his mind yesterday and try not to take it personal. I am sure everything is fine :)
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 8:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I call it the push pull syndrome, they want and need you and also do not. It is the way of the military to strip you of your humanity.. Very hard to be around. Had a friend so nice caring went into the military as a ground troop, killed people, when he got back I was so afraid of him I did not recognize him, he smoked and drank heavily, he was a christian going in and I guess could not live with what he was asked to do and did. They cannot relate to you while there and some even when they return. I decided I was too sensitive to be around that and not able to help, anything I did was seen as weakness. I once said said hi and thank you to a military lady in a restaurant she was cold. All I got was thank you Sir, Yes Sir, I felt I over stepped. It is not You.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Don't hold it in. Cry to your bff, to your mom but not to him. With him you keep everything upbeat! He needs to know you're strong, even when you aren't! (Speaking from experience here). Tell him you love him and can't wait for him to get home!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:00 PM on May. 4, 2011