What does it mean to be raised by a pair of mated parents??

I found this article on the Onion (http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-raised-by-parents-struggling-to-adjust-to-huma,20263/) and it talks about the progress that David Sullivan has made. He was raised by a pair of mated parents.

"but the decades he spent being reared by parents has made joining civilization a desperately difficult task"

I don't know what exactly all of that means. Obviously he was sheltered but can someone really dumb it down for me lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• The Onion is not a real news site.
    jhcz

Answer by jhcz at 8:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think it is referring to a gay couple, or same sex parents.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I don't know. Google it.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 9:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter It's a spoof. I think the divorce rate in the US is like 60% or something high like that. "Mated Parents" in this case is a married man and woman who DON'T divorce. It very much reminds me of a kid I knew years ago. He was homeschooled and had almost NO social skills. He was a lot like this "David Sullivan". The kid I knew, though, had a heart of gold and just needed someone to help him through all the BS of the mid-late teenage years and explain the inuendos of all varieties.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:32 PM on Apr. 30, 2011