As a mom what is you #1 pet peeve with other parents?

I went to the doctors the other day and a lady walked in with her kids (2 boys about 1 and 3) and the little boy wasnt doing anything bad and she kept slapping him really hard on his arms. I was so close to telling her something but i had my kids with me and i did tell the nurse. I pray for people like that ehh it really makes me so mad!

MOMMYOF4123456

Asked by MOMMYOF4123456 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Makes me mad when parents judge other parents. It's annoying. To each their own, as long as the kids isn't being abused everyone needs to tend to their own business.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• That parents today give their kid's anything and everything they want. Kid's today seem to be the ones in charge.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• That is bad! Another big one of mine is parents that dont care if their kids are bullies, hurt other kids, then dont do anything about it, or worse yet, take the "my kid would never do that!! " side of things...
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I feel like a snob because I just had to go through like three options and pick one. Now I'm not mom of the year but my dear little niece's parents divorced when she was an infant and neither of them make her the priority, and they use her as a pawn against the other and unfortunately I could go on and on...Just because things don't work out between the parents, why do you have to do that to your child? Heck in this situation, why did you have a child in the first place? Anyhoo....
    I also dislike that our society doesn't set boundaries because we're afraid of effecting the child's precious self esteem, and whine/try to reason with them. Misuse or lack of use of a child safety seat is also up there. No excuse for hitting a child repeatedly, even if they were doing something inappropriate that clearly wouldn't be the way to correct it if it didn't work the first time.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 8:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• when they take their kids out in public with dirty clothes and faces

having multiple kids and they have been on public assistance since their 1st kid.
    .
    knowing a man for a short period of time and introducing her kids to him without at least knowing him more or running an extensive back ground check.

etc..........
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• well im guilty of the second two but i was on assistance with 3 kids after a divorce and hurricane katrina! and i introduced my now hubby to my kids very quickly, i never had a sitter!

i dont like abuse to me, thats worse!
    MOMMYOF4123456

Comment by MOMMYOF4123456 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• yes i agree, i believe abuse needs to be adressed!
    MOMMYOF4123456

Comment by MOMMYOF4123456 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I hate parents that cuss at their kids. It''s so trashy to hear "Get your little f*cking a** over here!"
    Anonymous

• Pseemed who let their kids snot run down their faces and they dint wipe it up! How would u feel if u had snit running all over ur face and didn't know how to clean it up, and mo one helped u?!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2011