Moving advice.

Okay so I had asked my dad if he could come to colorado to drive our moving truck since I have no experience driving one and he does. He gladly accepted and my younger brother is up here so he will be riding back with my dad. That leaves me with my two children, they are 2 1/2 and 3 months. I was talking to my parents about maybe me flying back home cause of my two children and this being easier on me. My husband says that I am being a little selfish about it making them drive and me flying. My parents are okay with it, I told them I would pay for their gas and food. Also if they needed a hotel I would cover that as well. Am I being selfish about it and should I also drive from colorado to missouri instead of flying?

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Travel

• No, you are not being selfish, especially since you have offered to pay for your family's expenses. As long as they understand, I don't think it's a problem.
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 8:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Driving that far with 2 small children or flying? FLY!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes your being selfish. You want to fly to make it easier on YOU. Your kid's will be fine in the car for a day or 3 driving. They will probably sleep allot. Why dont you just get a moving company to move it all for you then no one has to be driving.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• What about riding with your husband or having him drive the moving truck. I assume you are also driving a vehicle during the move.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yeah, u r kinda being selfish. I drove from Virginia to Alaska by myself with a 2 year old.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My husband is being deployed, that is why i am moving and, why I asked my dad for help.
    charmd18

Comment by charmd18 (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2011