What do you think? PIOG

First thing this morning I took a HPT. It had a very faint negative, but it almost looked like it was starting to turn positve. Like I said though it was really faint. So I decided to pop the window off to make sure it wasn't a shadow, sure enough you can see that the vertical line was starting, but it doesn't go all the way up. (It was an Equate + -) I even had my best friend look to make sure I wasn't seeing things and she saw it too. I am a little confused though, I thought that it would only do that if there is HCG in your urine...Right? The reason why I am so confused is that I have been having my periods. They have just been really weird lately. We are TTC and I am sure that it has just gone to my head but I can't get over the fact that I saw that line. What are the odds that this is happening and I really am pregnant?

TiffanyReed

Asked by TiffanyReed at 1:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• this is more a suggestion than an answer. have you tried different brands of tests? i used 3 or 4 different brands and about a month ago i was using a first response HPT and i thought "okay one line means negative" but i was wrong because it wasnt the second line that was mostly there, it was the first one. and i used a different brand recently and it did the same thing and here i am 5 weeks pregnant. i would use different test. first response, EPT(i do not reccomend clear blue) but try a few tests then you'll know.

GOOD LUCK!
    boutian2be

Answer by boutian2be at 1:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i would wait a few days and then take another one
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Sound like your pregnant. You should maybe try using your first morning urine just to be safe. You could be just a few wks along and not have enough hormones yet to show up dark in the evening time. Your hormones are most condensed in the first urine. Good luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Thankyou! I have only tried the one brand. I bought a 3 pack last night to help ease my mind. I have been having very real dreams lately about being pregnant. But like I said I had a period last week. Thanks so much I might try a different brand. I will def. take another in the morning and compare them.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I've had that problem with an equate test before too, if it wasn't a complete line then it was probably a negative. Try testing again in a few days, I hope you get a big fat positive!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2008