Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My childs father just got a letter saying he had to add our child on his insurance...she is on medicaid now. Once he adds her does she not get her medicaid now and do i have to pay out of pocket for doc visits and such? We are not together her dad and I

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (4)
  • Check with your case worker to be sure you get the right information.

    Answer by meooma at 9:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • You would probably have to make the co-pay at the Dr, if you take her in to the Dr. Unless your support order says something different.

    Answer by vbruno at 9:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • you'll wanna find out ASAP the details! an ER visit can be pricey.... can you just have him billed for these things?

    Also prescriptions.... suppose she needed a medication that the pharmacy doesn't have a cheap generic for. If you pay $200 for example for a fancy medicine does he repay you or take it off the next child support check, etc etc

    Answer by hibbingmom at 9:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • call medicaid & ask

    Answer by maiahlynn at 10:15 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.