what is the best diet and workout plan for long term results.

NO 'Get Skinny Fast' stuff! Something I can make a Lifestyle! Im a bigger girl. I am 6'2" and about 225 pound. Im not big on running but at this point I'll try anything. Please help me.

chelseychae

Asked by chelseychae at 5:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets DONT work. Eating less fatty calories and walking not running are a great way to take it off and keep it off. Also cut out the soda pop AND diet drinks. Speak to a Doctor about how many calories your body needs for your height and weight and go from there. Walk your way to a healthy body for life.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Watch those calories, I personally have used a food journal for this and it worked great for me. Keeping a journal also reminded me to eat my veggies and to choose healthier food choices overall. Something about seeing it on paper really made me think about what I was eating.
    Cardio & strength training, cardio 5x week for at least an hour. Doesn't matter what kind, if you choose to walk make it a power walk not a liesurely stroll. Walking with a child in a stroller is a great way to burn more calories (20% more on average).
    Strength train 3x a week and hit all the large muscle groups first then work the smaller muscle groups. Have you thought about hiring a trainer or joining a fitness group like StrollerFit to help?
    stlstroller

Answer by stlstroller at 11:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I can't even BEGIN to type out to you all of the information I have for you on this. First can I say that I'm so extremely excited to see a post on here that specifically says " NO 'Get Skinny Fast' stuff!" you made my day with that one! I'm very into fitness and nutrition (nutrition especially!) so please PM me with any specific questions or I'll try to get some info up and PM it to you later - but it's going to be long. In the mean time I want to suggest a book, the only "diet" book (she didn't want to use that term, but the publishers insisted she did because a "lifestyle" book wouldn't sell as much) I would EVER recommend is "The Eat Clean Diet" by Tosca Reno. I looked on a book site I like and found this book for cheaper than in book stores if you go check it out and like it enough to want to buy it. Anyways that's all for now, I'll try to compile some things for you!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I'm a big time believer in the South Beach Diet. And the only reason that is is because it's not really a diet. It teaches you how to eat healthy. If you are really interested in trying it, make sure you get the original first book and read it first. It explains the whole diet and why it works. And not only that, but the recipes, sooooo good!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Figure out what "a serving" is suppose to look like. To get an idea buy a cheap scale and take the time to weigh your foods. That way, when you go out you'll know how much of that steak you should eat. Take the time to look up nutritional values--Subway, Quiznos and Red Robin have them online.
    Flydragon

Answer by Flydragon at 10:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• wow, never would have guessed that from your pic! :) i have lost 38lbs so far from counting calories. i still have about 97lbs to go but it's coming off with time. i made a few simple lifestyle adjustments as well and work out a few times a week. good luck!
    pinkbubbles79

Answer by pinkbubbles79 at 9:19 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Just letting you know that I wasn't able to get any information together yesterday, but I'm going to try to PM to you by Monday :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• thanks yall!
    chelseychae

Answer by chelseychae at 6:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2008