Oh no..I'm confused.

So I had my annual pap smear about 10 days ago. I am 34 years old and always came out with good, clean results. Today my Dr. calls me and tells me that abnormal cells were found on my pap smear and it might be high risk HPV. I have to schedule an appt. to have a colopscopy done. I am sooo scared and very confused. I only had one partner(my husband) and my doc told me that I could've had hpv all these years and that it was just dormant or that I might not even have hpv...What? Of course I know that my husband had other partners before me but I have been married almost 17 years. Should I be suspicious? I am so scared of getting this procedure done even more scared to get results. Can anyone give me input or advice. Anyone else had to go through this? Thanks Ladies, please wish me well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• I don't have any answers for you - I'm woefully ignorant on this - but I do wish you well!
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Hugs ! Worrying will not change anything, so don't occupy your mind with future tripping to fear. When the scary thoughts come up, change them to gratitude and remind yourself "right now I am OK". Hopefully you will get different results from the next series of tests. Wait until you have the facts. Boost your humor intake to help counter the negative thoughts. It helps to live in this moment with peace until we get through the difficult times. look up "Two Wolves" A Cherokee parable.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I wish you well.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 12:53 AM on May. 1, 2011