Charting.....

Can anyone give me the scoop on charting, I went and bought a digital basal thermometer and I dont know a thing about charting... What is a website I can go to to print off a chart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Charting-take your temp before you hardly move of a morning, even before talking as it will make your temp rise.  Temp will tell you if you have ovulated.  A great book on it is Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

You will also want to cart cervical position as it will tell you when you are fertile and getting ready to ovulate, also cervical mucous will tell you if you have enough 'food' for the sperm to live off of long enough to reach the egg.

here is the chart.  If you have a smart phone, an app that I use instead of charts is called MyDays.  It will chart your period and give you an estimate of when you will ovulate, it will also allow you to enter your BBT, track sex and enter any comments by day

http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/bbtchartdl.jsp

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would use http://www.fertilityfriend.com you can use the chart on that site, and it will also give you helpful information about charting.
    Zombiie_Mommy

Answer by Zombiie_Mommy at 9:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• FertilityFriend.com is a great site. You can do all your charting on-line. And sign up for the free e-mail course, it will give you all the basics.

Also, it's a good idea to invest in a copy of Taking Charge or Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. Very good resource.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2011