OK soo....

I am due in December (YAY) but IF I got the date right for my last mp...I am due Christmas Day. How would you feel about a Christmas baby?

MommyYeoman

Asked by MommyYeoman at 9:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a friend who was born Christmas day and she hated it. She grew up thinking the whole country was celebrating her birthday until about seven when someone popped her balloon. She said the worst thing was when someone would give her a single birthday/Christmas present. Her family would do that to her every year and even years later when she moved out her friends would do the same. Personally if my child was born on Christmas day I'd consider them to be the greatest Christmas present of my life and not a day would go by without me telling her so. I think as long as you don't do the one gift thing, and set aside a part of the day for her party apart from all the Christmas festivities, she wouldn't mind.
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 9:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• That it was the best Christmas gift ever.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 9:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I used to say I didn't want a Christmas baby because I didn't want the baby to share his or her birthay with the biggest holiday of the year....but now, of course, I'm pregnant with my third and due Dec 30, so will most likely have a Christmas baby! Now I just see it as a wonderful gift for my husband and daughters. :)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• cool! i have a daughter that was born on December 12th and another born (a year later) on January 13th. Both of their birthdays are fairly close to Christmas! Makes that time hard especially when planning birthday parties and such.. but it is really out of my control.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My son's bday is Dec 27th and my dd's is Dec 31st and we just wait til January to do there party then they dont feel like they are part of the christmas and new years festivities and gives me extra time to buy presents just for there birthday, cause they still get there christmas presents and still have a big party for there bday and they love it. Trust me like pinwheel said as long as you don't do the whole these presents are for christmas and your bday thing your child will not care. I have a friend whose bday is Dec 26th and her family did the christmas and bday thing together and she resents them for it, so just make sure u dont do that, make sure she knows its her bday and u have a separate party for her.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My daughter was due Christmas Day, and I wasn't crazy about it. My father's is on the 26th, and he never had a real birthday party, and people skimped on gifts because they were spending so much already. I figured I would do a half-birthday celebration for her in June.

She came early in November, so it wasn't an issue after all.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would feel happy about having a baby period. I don't give a crap when its born.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm not saying I'm not happy about it...in fact I'm ecstatic! I just want to make sure my baby doesn't feel "jipped" b/c of the Christmas festivities...
    MommyYeoman

Comment by MommyYeoman (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Thanks for the advice ladies :) It really puts my mind at ease :)!!
    MommyYeoman

Comment by MommyYeoman (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• As long as the baby is healthy who cares what date he/she was born on!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:04 AM on May. 1, 2011