What Maternity clothes would you consider essential?

I didn't need to buy much last time because I never got very big,I was still doing the rubber band trick at 8 months pregnant last time. But something tells me I won't be able to do that again. I'm a stay at home mom so nothing really special for work or anything like that and I already have a dress for church.

So what would you consider essential to get?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 9:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My fave thing are my jeans. They are a dark color, so I can dress them up, down whatever :) And they have more of an pant hose tpe top and I love it!!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• A comfy pair of pants you can dress up or down and a few flirty shirts :). Also maternity bras (so much better for the tatas than underwire!)
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• bras and panties. 1 good shirt and 1 basic dress and 2-4 pairs of comfy pants. I'd consider that bare bones essential..... unless you're working a 9-5 office job then you'll need tons more
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• A couple pairs of pants. Probably jeans since you stay home, maybe a decent pair of black or khaki pants for nice but not dress-up occasions. Other than that, I just wore mostly T-shirts and stretchy non-maternity PJs.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• And a decent shirt to go with the decent pants, lol. A T-shirt wouldn't quite fit there.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• to save money shirts that are going to work after pregnancy.. other then that sports bras were my savior for sleeping in with your boobs growing it helps having that suport while you sleep and pants
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• rubber bands?
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• You know you unbutton your pants and then loop a rubber band through the hole and around the button to keep them up.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• For me it's shorts and sleeveless shirts right now. I live in Miami so it is hot as hell!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I work from home so I didn't need work clothes either. My bare bones essentials - a few pairs of comfy jeans (my current faves are the secret panel fit from Motherhood Maternity) and a handful of simple shirts that are comfortable & will work postpartum. I also really appreciate my sleep bra at night. =)
    Abilyn

Answer by Abilyn at 12:00 AM on May. 1, 2011