It's Almost time

I would like any advice on giving birth that anyone wants to give.
I am 18 years old and doing and all naturalwater birth.
I am due Jan 13 I was already in preterm labor once and they stopped it meaning she will probably be popping out around christmas.. I am definatly getting nervous.

BayB

Asked by BayB at 1:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you might not end up haveing a water birth i wish you luck tho..i want one if my body allows it..after a c-sec with twins i feel like i can do anything lol...
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I had an all natural birth with my son and I would definitely recommend it to any woman. My recovery was so much quicker than most women's. You may want to look into getting the book "birthing from within" it really helped me prepare. The best advice I can give you is just listen to your body, it is going to do all the work for you. When it gets to the point where you start to think you can't do it, that's when the baby comes out. I hope everything goes well, ask me any questions you like. I'd love to hear how your birth goes.
    tcross

Answer by tcross at 1:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I agree with tcross....you are gonna feel, toward the end, that you can't do it. I actually SAID "I can't do this!!" and my daughter was born about 30 mins later, lol.

Just remember to breath...low tones are better than screaming....sip water, it helps your throat not be sore....when they ask you if you have to pee (afterwards) you probably won't feel like it, but make yourself get up and try anyways (I didn't think I had to, but they made me, and I swear I pee'd a gallon!!)
    You may not feel like you know what you are doing, but your body is functioning off of knowledge thousands of years old, and it will act as though it has been birthing babies its whole life.

Good Luck honey!

CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:00 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Honestly, my number one tip: just accept that things are going to happen and you just have to go with it. I wanted to go drugless, and I ended up needing an epidural: no problem. My baby had to spend his few days in the NICU away from me, not what I'd planned but it was what was best. MY labor began with a gush of water rather than counting contractions or being induced as I had been (mostly) expecting.

The best laid plans often don't work out, so let go of the things that are less than how you dreamed, you'll miss out on the important stuff! Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My first baby I got an epidural, but my second was drug free, and like Carolyn said, there was one point(where I was in transition) where I just said I can't! I can't do it!! Just try to remember that it's natural, it doesn't last forever an that you can do it. Make sure you have supportive people around you(I had my DH and my OB who is AWESOME) I am 5'2" and I had a 9lb baby in 3 hours!
    And most importantly, like everyone else said, you have your plan to do water birth, and that's great(I wish they had that at my hospital!) but just prepare yourself, that if something happens, or you change your mind whatever happens is ok too. I know I was kinda disappointed I got an epi with my first.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2008