Do you think...

IT would be fair for me to say hubby come up with afirst name for a boy, me the middle, and I come up with first name for a girl and him the middle? So we don't have the same ole arguments we did with our son???

MommyYeoman

Asked by MommyYeoman at 9:40 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Baby Names

• ya actualy that worked great for my friend she wrote down all the first names she liked and he picked from that list then he did the same for the middle name and she picked her favorite it came out great and the both agree.
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think it should be a mutual decision. Find a list of 10 names you both like, then both rate them separately 1-10 and go from there.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 4:13 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Sounds reasonable.

I'm not that nice. I just make a list and tell hubby to pick something from that. After hearing some of the names he likes, that is all the input I give him LOL.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I guess that's fair. I wouldn't do that with my husband though. I mean, it's our kid together, I feel like we should both come to a decision on the first and middle name together, not separately.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:28 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I gave my ex a choice when our son was born, come up with a name or our son would be named after him. Our son has his name. With the naming of our children, he would never come up with names on his own...instead I'd say, "What do think of the name ...." and he would make a face that said he hated it. I resented that he had no names to offer himself but he was such a critic of all the names I liked. Naming is just so hard... before I ever got pregnant the first time I had a huge list of names...then when I actually had to name my children...that list dwindled to nothing because I was naming a real child and not an imaginary one. :)
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 12:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I tried that with my hubby but when we found out it was a girl he said hell no, I couldn't pick the first name myself.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• oye! Yeah with our son it took until about a month before he was born for us to decide on a name and we actually FOUGHT over it a efw times! ridic! I don't really want a repeat! lol
    MommyYeoman

Comment by MommyYeoman (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Really like the idea of making the list and choosing from one another's list! thanks!
    MommyYeoman

Comment by MommyYeoman (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My mom did that, their agreement was he named the girls, she named the boys. ( they would agree on the middle names) my mom had all girls.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• That's what my ex-husband and I did....(we're separated for other reasons, lol) and of anything we ever did together, that was probably one of the few things that worked without argument, lol !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:49 AM on May. 1, 2011