What charity/cause do you support? I need help finding causes!

My husband is trying to put together a disc golf tournament and wants to donate the proceeds to a charity/cause....
It would probably be next fall.
Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Entertainment

• My family supports the American Cancer Society's "Relay For Life". We've been relaying for 6 years now. You need to find something that touches your family. There will be alot of time and effort required and youwant it to mean something to you. There are so many worthy causes, not all so well known, so check them out before you make a decision.
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 11:40 AM on May. 2, 2011

• ASPCA and St. Jude's Hospital
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Military and military familys
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Wounded Warriors project

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• St Jude's and also pediatric AIDS research are on my mind..... ditto for whatever non profits work to keep the arts in schools
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• What about all those poor folks that lost their homes to the tornadoes??? Maybe contact the red cross!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I do a few of them... HERE is all the information on them, with links, cause it's more than I can fit here...

They are Somaly Mam, Dollar4Life, Children Of The Night, Heifer Intl., and Childs Play.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i would help the animals... they have no voice
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 10:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• What topics pull at your heart and head? What has your family been touched by? Poverty, abuse, education, disease, etc. There are so many worthy organizations out there. Figure out what means a lot to you, and then look for organizations that do good work with them. Personally, I have donated time to support cancer research and education (adult literacy tutor and high school competitive robotics mentor... yeah different ends of the education spectrum).
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• cancer for kids is one and there is another one but I can not remeber the name of it at the moment. It is a program that Arnald palmer hospital has and several other childrens hospitals as well. They collect funds to help pay for medical bills and last wishes for children with all kinds of deadly conditions.

I want to say it is CMN....
    A522R

Answer by A522R at 10:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011