How Long?

Well my fiance and my first plan was to have me stay home with my new born son. well we just got informed that our rent is going up buy two hundred dollars. so know we are just skiming to make bill and that leaves us with nothing for our son. well i have to go back to work.

So how long did you wait untill you went back to work i hate the idea of leaving him and we dont have the money for sitters but we have to figure something out?

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had to start work when my kid was a month shy of turning 2.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• 6 weeks, with both my c-sections.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I got a little lucky and didn't have work until sept. after I had my son in July but I was going to school when he was a month old...so I had to tke him to a sitter for that at about a month old. :( it was sad but I had to do what I had to do.
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My first, I got laid off when I got back from maternity leave after 6 weeks. I found a 3rd shift job when my son was 5 or 6 months old, so no need to pay for child care. I got a part-time day job when he was 15 months old (and I was 6 or 7 weeks pregnant with my second), and we paid a neighbor a very reasonable amount for what little time we needed her (she was a SAHM anyway, so it was all extra pocket money for her doing what she did anyway). That eventually turned into full-time work during the course of that pregnancy, and I went back to that 6 weeks after the birth of my second. The baby went with me to work for her first 6 months. The neighbor no longer watches my kids; my SIL watched them for a while for gas money, and my MIL watches them now for more than gas money but cheaper than anything else.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• would you be interested in a home business? if so, message me
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I went back to work when my oldest was 8 weeks old. When my second ds came along I was able to stay home until he was 9 months old. When our dd came I stayed home. There was no way to afford daycare. I now have an in-home daycare to bring in some income. If you only need that extra $200 a month for rent could you watch a child or two in your home? If you could get even just $100 a week that would be more and then some for the month.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I was working at home when my daughter was two weeks old; part time in the office at four weeks; full time at eight weeks.

Kids need you home much more when then hit "double digits", than when they are small. Now is the time to build your career, so you have the flexibility to work around their schedules when they are older.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:05 AM on May. 1, 2011

• can you do babysitting? Look at care.com for jobs and there are also categories like pet care, senior care, etc. Use the pulldown to see the categories and then search in your zipcode. You could sit in your home or some moms say bring your child with you. Just an idea......
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:00 AM on May. 1, 2011

• sittercity.com is another site
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:01 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I went back to work after 8 weeks for each of my 3 LOs but I am regretting every moment of it. Now I am attempting to find a job where I can work at night that way I can spend the time with them during the day and my husband and I could save the $1000 we spend for childcare.
    momofcac

Answer by momofcac at 12:27 PM on May. 1, 2011