So depressed I need to loose some weight should I just stop eating ? Anyone knows of a good diet.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• No, if you stop eating your body will actually NOT lose any weight. Check out the Weight Watcher's approach. Everyone I know that has ever lost weight has used that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:58 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Weight Watchers. I'm doing it and I love it!
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 9:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Where can i find that? Weight Watcher's approach?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• no don't just stop eating then your body will go on starvation mode & it will store fat ... do what I am doing get rid of all the candy, chips, and other junk food in your house. Then get rid of any white processed sugar instead use natural sweeteners like honey, or get splendina. Also get rid of whit flour & get whole wheat flour. eat lots of vegetables & fruits.. & don't eat much bread, pasta.. eat 3 meals a day & two snacks but try very hard not to eat after 7pm. run, walk, ride your bike daily. drink lots of water.. this may take time do start doing all of but work your way there slowly like I am
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Start running. Work your way up to walking briskly for 30 minutes. then walk warm up for 20...begin running for 30 seconds and walking for the remaining 10..then a minute..then 2 minutes...and work your way up until you are running 30 minutes. Drink more water and not sodas...stop eating fat foods. Check your labels and eat more fruits and veggies. :)
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Not true. I fasted for 30 days and lost about 60lbs. Water fast.....and some juices. Once I started eating again, I gained 20 back, but kept off the rest of it, until I got pregnant 2 years later.
    prettygirl326

Answer by prettygirl326 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I agree w/ Weight Watchers. Joins a group, go to a meeting, or buy the books off Ebay. It really does work IF you commit to sticking to it!!! Weight loss is hard, hard work and you have to be ready and fully committed!!!! If you only try a little you will only get little results! I am STILL trying to figure this out! There are lots of wonderful groups on here for support :D
    Starting tomorrow this is the plan I am going w/ (a lifestyle change, permanent not temporary, and not a diet): drink a gallon of water and no pop, fruits and veggies as snacks, portion control! Way less eating out and when I do I will make healthy choices! I am tempted to get my Weight Watchers books out since I know it will work but for whatever reason I can't stay on it very long! GL!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• go off grains & refined surgars(like HFCS & reg plain sugar). Also in the short term go off potatos. Not only will the pounds melt away but your moods will improve. Sugar can play a big factor in depression.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I am vegan (no meat, fish, eggs, dairy) and I have never had to worry about my weight.
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• The key to lifestyle changes is to make them slowly so that you can stick with them. I was doing great for a couple of moths and have fallen off the wagon. I am trying to get back on track. The key to losing weight and keeping it off is doing it slowly. Make sure that you are working out as well. You have to burn and cut calories so that they pounds will stay off.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011