Should I bring this up to my OB/GYN and have them check or just leave my due date as is?

My ob/gyn is going off the normal cycle and ovulation period of a woman and has my due date pinned to Jan 12th, thing is not only do I feel further along (this is our 2nd child), but my cycle isn't and wasn't normal it was every 21 days and I ovulated 3 days after my period - which is when we tried and here I am pregnant! This moves my due date up almost 2 weeks and would now put me over 36 weeks, should I just keep my due date and if I go into labor before then, then ok, or should I mention it to the doctor to have them check and see if I actually am further along so that we can do the proper steps in the end such as checking my cervix and things

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 1:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It would be best to bring it up and have your ob check it out. They follow different procedures if they think you're going into premature labor or if they think you're over your due date. It is best to have the most accurate due date possible.
    tcross

Answer by tcross at 1:47 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• your due date will change closer to your edd...*estemated due date*
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• tcross thats what I was thinking, I think I will just bring it up and see what he says, he's not one to keen to check things out when he doesn't see an absolute need for it
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Keep in mind they take measurements at your ultrasound to make sure the child's growth is in line with the estimated due date... the doctor may also measure your uterus to make sure its lining up. Since anything past 37 weeks is OK, I wouldn't be terribly concerned about your due date. If you make it to when you believe you're 40 weeks, you would still be "38" weeks and full term by your doctors standards. :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• That is something you should REALLY mention to your doc. They work for you and hey, it's your body. Lol you've lived in it since you were born, if somethings up you're the first one to know about it!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Have you had an ultrasound? They measure your baby during them to see how far along you are. i would bring it up to your doctor.
    trusting_in_HIM

Answer by trusting_in_HIM at 1:57 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• thats the thing trusting they cant seem to figure out when my due date is everytime I had to have an ultrasound or something they all came out differently, the MA at my ob/gyn had the nerve to ask me if anyone actually knew the correct date that I was due on. Another readon I am so concerned is because I have NOT gained a freakin pound and I have tried and am know on a high protein diet, I just want to make sure my daughter is healthy when she is born
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The more information they have about you, the better! They still might not change your date, but at least they'd know maybe to expect a slightly differently developed baby!

As long as it's within two weeks on either side, though, they probably aren't going to do much different!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Wow, me and you are just alike! My original due date (according to my last period, and when I ovulated) was Dec 31. But my OB moved me to Jan 12, bc my uterus size and ultrasounds, etc.

But as far as your Q: Definitely give them this info. Ask them if they can correlate all of your U/S or possibly do another. ALSO what is your uterus measuring? It should measure right around how many weeks you are. Good luck!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• lol yes we are alike I did my due date from when we concieved and Autumn was due to arrive Jan 1st, not in time for the tax deduction break unfortunetly (lol j/k) I have a dr. appt on tueday and I am definetly going to ask, I would love to have another ultrasound done in a coule weeks just to confirm that she is in deed in head down position, I watched something almost very unfortunate happen when a doctor mis diagnosed with my sister and it freaked me out
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 3:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2008