What do use to reward a child with good grades?

What do use to reward a child with good grades, or do you believe they should be reward at all?

pinwheel

Asked by pinwheel at 9:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would probably just take my son out to an ice cream shop or a special dinner we might only get on birthdays (my family has special places we ONLY go on birthdays and omg its so good when ever we go lol) and when he gets into junior high i might start giving him $4 for A and $3 for a B and so on, no money for D's and F's though
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 10:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• A good old fashioned pat on the back and lots of praise and bragging to relatives!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• She is in 2nd grade and $$$ keep her motivated because I refuse to pay for Beiber CDs..lol
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My kids don't get anything but lots of love and praise. I'd doubt money would work for my older 2 because they are not money motivated in the slightest. They do, however, compete against each other.

MIL will occasionally give them a dollar or 2 after report cards.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes I do and I have found that cash works!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My granddaughter gets $2 per A $1 for Bs, nothing for anything lower. She also gets a $5 bonus for all As and Es.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My parents gave us money in elementary school, but that kind of reward would be way more useful to high school students lol
    I'm not sure what we're going to reward our kids with if anything.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 10:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My niece had horrible grades and he mother tried reward her with cash too. She came home from school and informed her that the current consensus among her classmates was that she should get $5 for every A, $4 for every B, and so on down the line. I suggested she cut out the cash rewards incentive and put her into a good Politics class. Sounds like Presidential candidate to me, either that or used car dealer!
    pinwheel

Comment by pinwheel (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I will give them money which I help them spend wisely.. but only for A's or B's I have two children in school & both get good grades
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• whenever we get her report card and on the honor roll she gets to pick where we eat.... if she is on the honor roll 4 times in a year no matter how much she can choose anywhere she wants... she cant wait for the fourth honor roll
    giroirk

Answer by giroirk at 10:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011