Anyone know any good treatments for poison ivy that actually work? We have an outbreak here on the old farmstead and the best I can find is Cortizone Cream and Benadril.
While not medically recommended we use bleach. clean the skin with it as soon as you can after exposure, then rinse with water. Or wipe down the infected area with a a diluted solution of bleach and water. Again, not medically recommended, but it works for us!!
Answer by Crafty26 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 30, 2011
Doesn't the bleach burn your skin? And I am afraid where DH got his spread to, bleach is out of the question...OUtCH!!!
That's why you either wipe down with it, then rinse it off... or use it diluted. I usually use it to keep from getting infected.... while my DH uses it to treat. He says it stings, but it clears it up in like a day!!
Answer by Crafty26 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011
Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:19 PM on Apr. 30, 2011
Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2011
Answer by LeJane at 10:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011
Answer by stitchintime at 12:50 AM on May. 1, 2011
Answer by stitchintime at 12:51 AM on May. 1, 2011
Next question overall
(Diet & Fitness)
So depressed I need to loose some weight should I just stop eating ? Anyone...