Strange animal behavior? Earthquake?

I just let my 1 year old female beagle in the house. She was whining as soon as she came in the door. She jumped on the couch and laid there whining with her ears perked up looking around. She soon settled down so I called for her and she came to me whining again, circled around me and then jumped back on the couch. Does anyone know why a dog would do that? She's not hurt, I checked her over completely. I heard there was an earthquake that Webbot predicted (not sure if anyone knows what that is) and that it is suppose to be a bad one sometime between December 10th and December 15th on the New Madrid fault line. I've heard animals have strange behaviors when a natural disaster is about to happen. This just strikes me as odd. Any suggestion as to what's going on with the dog? Have you heard about the predicted earthquake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I live on the New Madrid Fault and my dog is strange, but then again, he's always weird. Are you having any bad weather where you are? Storms, snow, ice, etc.. They can sense a variety of events.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• We've had some rain, but that's it. Oh yeah, by the way, the reason I'm anon is because I don't want anyone thinking I'm crazy worrying over this lol. I live close to the New Madrid, but not directly on it. I don't see anything weird going on outside either...so I don't know what the deal is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Dogs also know when your preg my mil's whinner dog wouldnt leave my side..one day i was having premutrue contractions they were hard..she started howling my mil came too see what was wrong and took me to the er...it hurt so bad i couldnt breath or move.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• When we were having lots of earthquakes They were talking aobut this stuff on the news, some people dog broke their claws off cause they were goin so crzy clawing at stuff.
    Where is the New madrid fault?
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Well, I live in SE Missouri, and I'm not concerned girl. Don't worry about it. Whatever will be will be. We have no control over this kind of stuff.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• BabyG, It runs all thru SE Missouri, the bootheel area.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The New Madrid kinda runs from Illinois to down south...not sure exactly which states it goes through...I live in Indiana. I know I'm definitely not preggo or that would have been my first guess, but thanks for your idea mama2twins07. pupmom, I wish I could stop worrying...but I've just heard about it from so many people and I also heard that Indiana's soil doesn't absorb the shaking like it does in California...so if a big enough one hit on the New Madrid in Illinois, then it could do quite a bit of damage here in Indiana. I just need to stop thinking about it somehow lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No major earthquakes in Missouri! Major is 5.0 and above and that would mostly likely not happen there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I know it shouldn't happen around here, but supposedly there's not been one for 5000 years the best scientists can guess and there should be one anytime...also I've heard that the super volcano in Wyoming is suppose to erupt in the next 100 years and destroy the US completely! But then again, I'm the same person who was worried about Y2K...and I'm the same person who sleeps with a stun gun, pepper spray, tire iron and shotgun in case anyone is ballsy enough to try and break in my house LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• major happens here in cali, but can also happen anywhere else, they do say animals act strangely when things are about to happen and I truly believe it, can someone tell me what webbot is?
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2008