How can I get my husband to have more to do with our 7 month old?

When she was 2 months old he said when she got old enough to actually play he would pay a lot more attention. Well she plays constantly... & is almost 8 months old. When I ask him to play with her he says I'm forcing him to do it. He'll play with her for maybe 10 minutes out of a total day. It's either his computer, xbox, or TV.. I am getting to where I can't stand seeing her wanting him and he does nothing besides look at her and say hi or what are you doing? He does help me out quiet a bit but she hardly gets daddy time.

MacisMommy91610

Asked by MacisMommy91610 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• im sorry idk what to say >.< ill bump you up though

and my boyfriend is gonna be a little bit like that when our son is born, he's gonna be afraid he's gonna break the baby lol he told me that already
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 10:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• hugs mama!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• IMO sit him down & tell him how important you feel it is for him to have time with his baby & tell him how long each day you think is reasonable.. my fiancee ays men don't get it unless you spell it out for them so don't hint, or pout just talk.. if it starts getting to the point where this is too much for you ask your hubby to go to marriage counseling to try to work it out there.. otherwise you could purposly make plans outside the house where he is forced to watch the baby..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• His excuse has been used by many a man. He is getting away with what you allow him to. My own husband tried this crap and it got to where I felt uncomfortable leaving our daughter with him because he was so aloof about her. I finally told him how he was making me feel and I told him that he needed to step up and be a full time father. I wouldnt worry about hurting his feelings. This is his child too. If you continue to act like this is okay........then he will continue to be a part time father. Oh and trust me.........the "wait till the baby is older and I will give them attention" is crap. It doesnt change.......
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• @Maiah&misty I've tried talking to him numerous times, it does nothing but make him mad so I have no idea what else to do. If I leave, he'll most likely just give her a bottle & get on the computer or the xbox.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2011