Was your uterine ablation successful?

I am still having pain and bleeding. It's been 5 days. Any other signs Or experience I should watch for? Thanks.

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• The bleeding you are having should be very light, if not you need to call your doctor. You will likely have a discharge for about 3 weeks, then if the ablasion was successful, you shouldn't have any blood or discharge at all.
    I hope you get to feeling better soon.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 10:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No. I had 2 very large fibroid though. I had mine done and for a year I was doing better and thought my problems were over. Then I started having cramps that started getting worse and worse as time went on. I just figured it was ovulation or something and put it out of my mind. Then suddenly one day I started to bleed heavily.I ended up having to have a hysterectomy because the of the fibroid and ovarian cyst.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 10:42 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Is this where they put the ballon in to stop heavy bleeding. I believe its the Novasure if we are talking about the same thing.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Yes MamaOfficer it was Novasure. @Callmeangie the doc said it wasn't probably going to take. :(
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 7:41 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Oh no...you went through all that and it probably won't take! I'm so sorry. Are you considering having a hysterectomy? I was afraid to have one which is why I had an ablation. I was trying the least critical choice of the two options they gave me. I just didn't want to have the 6 week recovery after a hysterectomy. Now, after having both done I wish I had had the hysterectomy straight off. It wasn't as bad as I thought. These days I feel awesome..much better than I have in the past.
    Best of luck to you.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 12:20 PM on May. 1, 2011

• CallmeAngie. Thanks. :) I was trying to do the same thing. I think I am going to wait and see what happens a little more down the road before I go with the hysterectomy. We'll see! :)
    Autumn07

Comment by Autumn07 (original poster) at 12:29 PM on May. 1, 2011