Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Can i get in trouble for this? adult content

My husband of 6 months (which he only stayed with me 3 months) left me. We have split way to much, i have lost 3 houses and 3 vechiles & all my house stuff and my truck. Anyways Im saying I will never be with him again. We are still married though, because neither of us has the money to pay for it. So can I get in trouble for having a boyfriend, without being divorced?? If u have anythin negitive to say dont bother posting.

Answer Question

Asked by Mrs.Ferri at 10:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Relationships

Level 7 (182 Credits)
Answers (25)
  • IDK... who would you get in trouble with?? Why don't you go file for a legal separation?? Divorces are pretty sheep if they are uncontested.


    Answer by Crafty26 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • I guess he can use it against you in court later on.

    Answer by SeasideNative at 10:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • No, the courts so don't care if you "cheat" on your husband.

    Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • i dont think so. i have a good friend doing just that and for the same reason. he has moved on and has a gf she has a bf. you just cant get married till u are divorced, but if both have moved on i dnt see where you could get in trouble.

    Answer by esmith1984 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • I wouldn't do it until there's at least a legal separation. He can hold that against you and can even go after the boyfriend.

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • If you already lost everything, what are you worried about?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • Have you tried going to a walfare office to file for a divorce my sis did it last year and since she didn't have an income it was free

    Answer by retent at 11:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • No, they don't do divorces in most states anymore so he doesn't have to prove you cheated. They do dissolutions of marriage but if you don't want to be with him then why not just annul the marriage. You can do that if you have been married under one year. You might be able to do it without a lawyer. Call your courthouse

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • Actually when it comes to things like alimony the court does care.


    Answer by SeasideNative at 11:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

  • No, it's not a big deal anymore when you get a divorce if you have a boyfriend. I'm living with my SO and my divorce still isn't final.

    Answer by CallMeAngie at 11:08 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.