Should I be worried about my hair falling Out?

Just some background info. I had 4 children in 5 years, it has now been 4 years 2 months since my youngest child was born. I had a tubal ligation the same day my youngest was born. My sister's dr said that it is normal that after a child to lose hair up to year after the birth. She also said it could be caused by stress. I lost my job 10 months ago today and I still have not found a job. SO should I be worried about my hair falling out or should I just relax knowing that it will eventually stop, (and by falling out I mean handfulls at a time)?

MKSmom09

Asked by MKSmom09 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Health

• Losing 80 -120 hairs a day is fairly normal. More than that could be a sign of a medical problem.It can be stress or it can be a lot of other things like the thyroid not producing enough t3 and t4. You might want to have a good physical and tell the doctor about your hair loss.
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 11:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Umm! Rogaine! I would talk to a doctor.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I have the same issue but I do notice hair growing back so I really worry about it. I know its scary but I haven't notice any bald spot neither has DF. I am on the pill and my hair has been falling like this for years.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2011