Do they make lactose free ice cream?

I'm trying to plan a first birthday for my son and he's moderately lactose intolerant. He can eat yogurt but everything else upsets his tummy. So do you think frozen yogurt would work or is there like a lactose free ice cream or do you think we'd have to go with a milk substitute like almond dream?

Sorry I know there's probly a better part of the site to post this question but I can't think of it right now and somebody on here's kids have got to have a similar issue, it's not that uncommon.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:02 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• They do make lactose free ice cream you just have to check the Label. I know walmart sell some.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Lactaid has a line of lactose free ice cream. There really aren't many flavors - I think 4, maybe 5. But I would search around and see if you can find non-dairy ice cream if they don't have the Lactaid brand in your area.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Brfeyers makes a lactose free vanilla. My Mom really likes it.
    Here's a link to show you.
    http://www.groceries-express.com/default.asp?upc=7756722700
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 11:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My 18 month old gets sorbet because she is lactose intolerant. I have seen the lactaid brand lactose free ice cream but I have never bought it.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 30, 2011